Soooooooooooooooo ……….. nurses keep telling us how there is pretty much no h0pe this is going to be a viable pregnancy. After getting our news of our beta number I think we were just more confused than ever. Keep taking progesterone. It could be ectopic. It’s likely you are going to miscarry. Bla bla bla negative negative.
I know all this. I know its unlikely, but there is still SOME chance, some slight chance this could still work. My 3rd beta result is still within the range of 18 – 7000+. Our doubling time was 2.2 days between 2nd and 3rd beta. So there. Maybe I’m delusional but I it ain’t over til the fat lady sings. And while the big “negative” bitch is warming up her voice, she’s not on stage yet ……
We at least got to clarify by ringing back that a) yes there is a very small chance it’s still a viable pregnancy hence why I still have to take progesterone b) if it’s ectopic they won’t be able to see anything until 6 weeks, which is next Monday c) yes I can have bloods done Monday instead of Tuesday and they will make a decision from there.
I’m praying for a beta that shoots up to 1000+ and proves everyone wrong. I guess that’s why I haven’t had a meltdown yet, cos part of me still sees the possibility of our baby nestled in there.