It’s, hopefully, quite poignant that our ivf consult is on the first day of spring. There’s bouncing lambs on the front page of the paper, so that’s got to be a good sign right?
I am writing this at 6am, before the appointment. Whether or not I post this part I’m not sure. I am so excited to be getting on with ivf finally. I can’t wait to hear what the dr has to say and make it all a bit more real. But at the same time I am so scared that this might not work. There’s no reason that we know of that it shouldn’t, but it’s really all coming down to this. See we can probably only afford to go one round, and getting into debt with that as it is. Sure, we still have me as a back up plan but that plan has a whole set of it’s own issues to deal with.
So we are putting a hell of a lot of hope onto this cycle, and especially hoping for enough embryos to be able to freeze for ‘bonus rounds’ at a fraction of the price – that we would be able to do.