So you know how we were just waiting for that appointment? This coming Tuesday at 11am.. oh yes there was a cancellation already! K started taking bcp this morning so we are well and truly on the way.
This week has been up and down but it’s ended well. It’s been busy at work for both of us and K has been acting assistant principal the last few days which is awesome for her and I am very proud!
This weekend is going to very busy but it should be great. Tomorrow during the day we’re going to a pistol shooting range with some people from my work then tomorrow night is K’s boss’s 50th birthday party. That’s way out in the wops so seeing as we’re half way there we’ll go stay with her parents afterwards. Sunday we’re starting out with breakfast with her parents (they do the best brunches). After that two of our best friends, who we never see because they live far too far away, will be in Auckland because one of them is playing in a Very Important soccer game for national semi finals. This is very cool because not only do we get to see them for the first time in 18 months, but she is playing the team that my niece plays in so we’ll also get to catch up with my brother and his family. Eventually we’ll get home, no doubt exhausted but happy, and ready for another week lol.
And now we were tagged by Gayby Rabies so here goes – 10 awards and 10 honest things about myself:
Ok so the awards go to the following blogs that (along with many many others) have at times supported, comforted, entertained, befriended and inspired me. Some of them were old hands at this game when we first joined the blogosphere nearly 2 years ago, and some are much newer but all have been invaluable in one way or another.
5. Next in Line
6. Vee and Jay
10. Bao in the Oven
And finally, even though it makes 11, I nominate my K – I’m sure her list is very different to mine and it’s about time we heard from her on this blog again!
Now the 10 honest facts – this could take a while.
1. I cry at movies. All the time. I love going to the movies but if it’s a sad one, we have to go home straight after. I will most likely be aggro and standoffish for at least half an hour until I have sorted myself out. I don’t recommend talking to me during that time.
2. I wish I had done a lot of things differently when I was younger, but despite everything I am realizing that I am happier and the most proud of myself right not than I have ever been.
3. I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid. He had a full name and among other things an exercise book with his name written on it. One day when I was 7 I took that book to school by mistake instead of my own. When the teacher asked whose book it was I was terribly embarrassed because I’d named him after her. I can’t remember how I tried to explain that one but I still feel red when I think about it lol
4. I love cats. Our dog is awesome but I am definitely a cat person and would bring home every kitten in town if I could.
5. I like to think I’m an awesome cook. I’m not bad but I know I’m not as good as I pretend to be. But it’s fun to fantasize!
6. I am scared of people dressed up as animals, clowns, cartoon characters etc. I will cross the street to get away from them and drag you with me.
7. I want to write a novel one day. I need to make that one day now or I’m worried it will never happen.
8. I spend a lot of energy trying to live up to my brothers. I often feel very isolated from them – perhaps as a result, I don’t know.
9. I love getting my haircut.
10. I still eat baby food. Only one in particular – peach apricot and semolina flavoured. It is my #1 comfort food when I’m sick and although that’s the only time I eat it, I’m not sure how I”ll cope when our baby gets to eat it and I don’t!
*edit* As I sit here smack talking over facebook games, I’m wondering whether one of my honest 10 should not have been my competitive streak? hmmm… lol