Yup, we decided to give February a shot. It was touch and go and I’m not sure how much hope we have but you have to be in it to win it, right?
So back into the swing of things! That included me phoning in K’s day one to the clinic. Our dr’s nurse was away so I spoke to someone else and for the 30th time in the last 6 months had this conversation:
Nurse: So you need to come in and pick up a Gonal-F pen
Me: No we’re not using Gonal-F, just clomiphene
Nurse: But it says here you need to use Gonal-F
Me: No we don’t. We don’t want to do that unless absolutely necessary
Nurse: But you need to..
Me: No we don’t. K’s E2 levels are high enough not to warrant it and the Dr agreed it would be a waste of time anyway.
Nurse: Ok well I’ll just make a note of that.
Honestly, the number of times someone’s told us that they’ll ‘just make a note’ that we’re not doing injectibles there must be some serious tree-felling going on round there. And to think that over our break I’d forgotten how much their administrative shortcomings annoy the hell out of me lol
So, back on Clomid – tonight was the first one. Last time round, K got pretty bad headaches but hopefully not so much this time.
In other news here it is hot as anything – humidity was 100% last night so that was some kind of muggy! It’s raining now but not doing much to cool anything down.
We need the rain here but not as much as they do in Australia with the bushfires (and yes I’m aware that was a crap segue!).Just to show how big those fires are – right now I’m looking out at our dusk which is tinged a pinky-orange with the smoke. And I’m in a whole other country, over 2600km across the ocean. It’s just so tragic and I really hope they catch the bastards that started it soon.