K is probably testing as I type this, and sadly we’re pretty sure what the answer will be. We gave up POAS a few months ago. In a way it was nice to know the result before we get the dreaded phone call, but the temptation to start testing early was too much for us. We’re good like that lol one of us would say ‘maybe we should…’ and then the other would be almost jumping up to grab the test before the question was finished. But the problem with that is that you see the bfn, you start to grieve but then your hopes get raised again and we end up repeating the cycle. I guess after all this time we’ve come to recognize and trust K’s body and while the phone call is still hard, we don’t still have our hopes up so it’s a not quite so far to fall. So it’s healthier for us this way. Having said that I took the last remaining test in the house the other day, and as expected I’m not pregnant either lol haha would have been a big shock if I was!!!
So this a pre-emptive BFN. And tonight we are going out for dinner with about 70 of K’s colleagues so there won’t be much time for moping around. I’m sure there is more to come, but we’ve been preparing for this the last couple of days so we’ve done a bit of grieving for this cycle already.
This weekend we’ll go see a funny movie, spend lots of time together, have fun with our fur family and wait for CD1.