Either intentionally or not (I’m not sure which), I’ve been avoiding blogging and baby stuff the last couple of weeks. The break has been..interesting.. in that in some ways I have felt like the dream is getting further and further away, and in others that it has been put into perspective again – reminded that there is a lot more going on in our lives.
It has been a busy couple of weeks – last weekend we were away to see K’s best friend who was over from the UK; K has been at camp for four days last week, and is off again today for another four days. I am taking a few days off this week and my folks are coming to stay with us later in the week.
Although we had agreed to break until May, last weekend we had a rush of maybewecaninseminatethismonthafterall, and trying to work out the dates. After some phone calls to the clinic, we worked out that K could do her OPK tests near her camp, but that if we didn’t go through with the iui we would still be charged a portion of the fees as they start the clock from when we phone in with her day one date.
However, the person I spoke to couldn’t tell me exactly what the charge would be and true to clinic form, I wasn’t able to get hold of the one person that could work it out. The nurse I spoke to did say that if I phoned with the day one date she could probably work it out, but that was after saying that as soon as I phoned with the day one date, we would be charged. Now why would I be stupid enough to do that without knowing how much?? lol
After building the excitement about getting back on track, I worked out by the dates over the past several months that we would likely be doing the IUI on the day she came back from camp, but as she doesn’t get back til late it probably wouldn’t work out. So, as it was going to cost us an unknown amount of money we’re back to the original plan of sitting this month out too.
Even though we’re not trying this month, I’m still getting excited again about next month – I mean hey, 5 weeks isn’t that long to wait is it? 😉